ISTP Sanctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If only one type could rule the world...

+5
Khys
DJ Arendee
Duck_of_Death
mcgooglian
Thinkist
9 posters

Go down

Which type would you choose?

If only one type could rule the world... Vote_lcap11%If only one type could rule the world... Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
If only one type could rule the world... Vote_lcap11%If only one type could rule the world... Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
If only one type could rule the world... Vote_lcap0%If only one type could rule the world... Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
If only one type could rule the world... Vote_lcap56%If only one type could rule the world... Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
If only one type could rule the world... Vote_lcap0%If only one type could rule the world... Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

If only one type could rule the world... Empty If only one type could rule the world...

Post by Thinkist Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:42 pm

...which type would you pick? It can't be ISTP or ESTP.

My choice is a mildly extroverted ESFJ. The most prevalent preference would be the sensing preference, as sooner or later, this world will evolve to have only a handful of iNtuitive types. Every idea will be tried, and there will be no more room for exploration. Of course that doesn't mean that iNtuition will be nonexistent, as even sensing types have some iNtuition in them.

Second-strongest preference (though not too strong) would be the judging preference, as judgers are known for being more successful at life than perceivers. Judging types can easily make quick decisions and stand by those decisions with a streak of confidence that the perceiver just doesn't seem to have naturally.

Third-strongest would be feeling. This would is in desperate need of some tender, loving care, and a feeler would be the one to deliver it. That said, I would never pick ESTJ as a type to be the only one in this world, even though they are the most common type. However, with feeling not being the strongest preference, my chosen feeler could think logically when necessary (and as an FJ, can even think like ISTPs do!).

The weakest preference would be extroversion. Over time, we should expect extroversion and introversion to balance out. I lean slightly in favor of extroversion since there will be an incentive to initiate if there ever need be one. My second choice might be a mildly introverted ISFJ.

Thinkist
Crane Operator

Call Sign : Ti-bag
Motto : Think about it.

Back to top Go down

If only one type could rule the world... Empty Re: If only one type could rule the world...

Post by mcgooglian Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:48 pm

Damn, I was hoping to vote ISTP. Then everyone would leave each other alone without any chick flick moments or huggy-feely crap-on-a-stick.
mcgooglian
mcgooglian
Motorcycle Courier

Call Sign : porkmuncher
Job/hobbies : Building knee armor
Motto : Lahney hin laas voth ahkrin

Back to top Go down

If only one type could rule the world... Empty Re: If only one type could rule the world...

Post by Duck_of_Death Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:50 pm

^This guy gets it.
Duck_of_Death
Duck_of_Death
Lord of the Flies

Call Sign : Resident Oddball

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkist Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:05 pm

mcgooglian wrote:Damn, I was hoping to vote ISTP. Then everyone would leave each other alone without any chick flick moments or huggy-feely crap-on-a-stick.

True, but then where would be the initiative? How about the care for this world? And again, feeling wouldn't be the strongest preference with my chosen type, so it's not all the huggy-feely crap that you think it is.

There's a reason I banned ISTP from the poll. A real obvious one.

Thinkist
Crane Operator

Back to top Go down

Post by mcgooglian Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Ti + Se = Thinking and action. There's your initiative.

Because we'd all vote for it, right?
mcgooglian
mcgooglian
Motorcycle Courier

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkist Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:42 pm

mcgooglian wrote:Because we'd all vote for it, right?

Duh, now pick another type.

Thinkist
Crane Operator

Back to top Go down

Post by mcgooglian Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:51 pm

No thanks
mcgooglian
mcgooglian
Motorcycle Courier

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Arendee Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:02 am

I voted INTP. Just go have a look at iceland, the happiest place on earth, run by a parliament that speaks in rhyme once a year.
DJ Arendee
DJ Arendee
Space Shuttle Captain

Motto : Eat My Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Khys Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:49 pm

This poll reminds me a lot of the 2012 Presidential Election.

"Pick the least worst idiot"
Khys
Khys
Space Shuttle Captain

Call Sign : Den Mother
Motto : Balls to the walls

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkist Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Sure because I eliminated everyone's favorite type here. So pick your poison.

Thinkist
Crane Operator

Back to top Go down

Post by madhatter Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:15 pm

khys wrote:This poll reminds me a lot of the 2012 Presidential Election.

"Pick the least worst idiot"

I don't think there's a least worst idiot this year.
madhatter
madhatter
Bounty Hunter

Call Sign : Angry Eyes
Motto : Some people juggle geese.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkist Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:37 pm

There is, unless of course they're all equally bad. Again, pick your poison.

Thinkist
Crane Operator

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Arendee Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:03 pm

ron paul
DJ Arendee
DJ Arendee
Space Shuttle Captain

Motto : Eat My Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by madhatter Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:57 pm

Thinkist wrote:There is, unless of course they're all equally bad. Again, pick your poison.

I'd rather not...looks like the choices are Romney or Obama, and they're both snakes. I voted for Ron Paul in the primaries, but I doubt he'll make the final cut, unfortunately.
madhatter
madhatter
Bounty Hunter

Call Sign : Angry Eyes
Motto : Some people juggle geese.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trifoilum Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:14 am

Somewhere inbetween ENTJ and ENFJ.

When talking about ruling the world, I expect someone who understands (and possibly, control) the thoroughness and the messiness of it.

Ps are too busy basking in themselves (whether in personal achievement / pride or personal ideals / delusion) while IXXJs are too....hermit, to rule the world for a long time.

ESXJs might do, but how far will they try to contain change and not drive with it? How far they will try to vanquish the unpredictable?

And we haven't talked about personal fallings; pride, desire, fears, doubts. Hatred and love. Detachment and attachment.
Trifoilum
Trifoilum
Garbage Chief

Job/hobbies : drawing, sleeping, musing
Motto : it's not about right and wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkist Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Trifoilum wrote:When talking about ruling the world, I expect someone who understands (and possibly, control) the thoroughness and the messiness of it.

Ps are too busy basking in themselves (whether in personal achievement / pride or personal ideals / delusion) while IXXJs are too....hermit, to rule the world for a long time.

I agree with you on this. Actually any introverted type can be too much of a recluse for being the only ones in the world, especially if the preference is a strong one.

Trifoilum wrote:ESXJs might do, but how far will they try to contain change and not drive with it? How far they will try to vanquish the unpredictable?

ISJs have it worse. Some ESJs have a well-developed Ne, to the point of driving change, and being an extroverted function, it's unlikely that it'll be contained.

As for the unpredictable, at some point in time, nearly everything will become predictable. One may try to vanquish the unpredictable, only to find that it's already been discovered. "Nothing is original anymore" would aptly describe this. And for those rare things that actually are original, there would still be intuition to find them. I'm kinda skeptical of picking an iNtuitive as a type since they may be "out of it" more so than a sensing type, and might not be content enough to deal with what is, amid other issues. I have chosen an SJ since the world will be a more stable place (more so than with any other temperament), and with an ESJ there'll still be room for change. Balanced ESJs (as I would choose) wouldn't get totally locked into routine and excessibe stability. Finally, what are the two most common types in this world right now? Also note what types are the least common types: INs and ENJs. Much as I love Ni, there won't be much room for such precious visions in the future.

Most importantly, I would choose a sensing type, because it appears the evolution of humanity is headed in that direction.

Trifoilum wrote:And we haven't talked about personal fallings; pride, desire, fears, doubts. Hatred and love. Detachment and attachment.

I'm not considering those relevant to this thread. No matter what, everyone's an individual, and even one type can have lots of subtypes and personal experiences.

Thinkist
Crane Operator

Back to top Go down

Post by Siren Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Would you take something apart if you didnt know how to put it back together again? The issue is the television/DVD/cable hookup. Damn roomie broke it all down and now we have no tv!
Siren
Siren
Motorcycle Gang Leader

Call Sign : Dirty Ni
Job/hobbies : krav maga, triathlons
Motto : There's no I in team but there is an M and an E.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayness Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:46 am

xSTJ
but a balanced one.

Perhaps I'm biased.
Kayness
Kayness
Plumber Chief

Call Sign : House Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinkist Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:42 pm

Better choice than an intuitive type. Would have to be balanced to qualify, obviously.

Thinkist
Crane Operator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum