My enneagram type

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My enneagram type

Post by ohtochooseaname on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:34 pm

So, I've been thinking a lot about this lately, and I think there is a lot more counterphobic 6 in me than I had previously thought. Mostly, I see that my work productivity is driven by two different scenarios: if I enjoy the subject, I can become completely engrossed in research and experimentation. If I don't enjoy the subject, I can be even more productive if I am scared that I won't meet a deadline or measure up to performance expectations. I am most productive when I am afraid of failure: either letting other people down or of being seen as unsuccessful.

I can also see how fear has driven me to do many things: buy a house, go 2000 miles away for school, get a motorcycle, etc. On the other hand, nothing gives me more pleasure than to find a solution to a problem in a new and innovative way, or to gain a new bit of information, which allows me to reinterpret some part of the world in a new and deeper way. The development of knowledge into my world around me (it must usually be somewhat practical) is the most consistent/dependable form of joy I experience.

So anyway, what do you all think?
ohtochooseaname
Crane Operator

Job/hobbies : Optical Engineer
Motto : "If a butterfly had the teeth of a tiger, it would never get out of the hangar"

Back to top Go down

Re: My enneagram type

Post by Kayness on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:27 am

the thing is that I can also relate to you somewhat. Also what you wrote sounds kind of like being an sp first. Are you an sp first?

do you often feel like there are somebody out to get you? especially some sort of an authority that you've been told to trust? do you feel like others don't have your best interest in mind?

love papa bear albino pig cyclops
Kayness
Plumber Chief

Call Sign : House Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Arendee on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:42 am

If you think you're E9, that falls in line with 6 and 3. Allow me to be articulate about it. They're a triangle circle thing where 6 turns into 9 when doing super dooper in life, and 6 turns into 3 when being a 6 doesn't seem to be working.

A lot of 5's mistype as 8 because they see a lot of 8 in themselves at times, much like I once mistyped as a 5 because of my own life circumstances. So I can see how its easy for you to do the same.

I posted a bunch of enneagram links recently, you should go check those out, they did a good job separating MBTI stereotypes from enneagram.

edit: just saw your post in the thread I was describing, so nvm that last sentence.
DJ Arendee
Space Shuttle Captain

Motto : Eat My Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ohtochooseaname on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:55 am

Kayness wrote:the thing is that I can also relate to you somewhat. Also what you wrote sounds kind of like being an sp first. Are you an sp first?

do you often feel like there are somebody out to get you? especially some sort of an authority that you've been told to trust? do you feel like others don't have your best interest in mind?

I know others don't have my best interest in mind, however, I don't think they're out to get me. I think I mostly don't register on their radar, and I'd generally like to keep it that way. It always surprises me when my wife thinks of me and tries to accommodate for my needs.
ohtochooseaname
Crane Operator

Motto : "If a butterfly had the teeth of a tiger, it would never get out of the hangar"

Back to top Go down

Post by ohtochooseaname on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:59 am

DJ Arendee wrote:If you think you're E9, that falls in line with 6 and 3. Allow me to be articulate about it. They're a triangle circle thing where 6 turns into 9 when doing super dooper in life, and 6 turns into 3 when being a 6 doesn't seem to be working.

A lot of 5's mistype as 8 because they see a lot of 8 in themselves at times, much like I once mistyped as a 5 because of my own life circumstances. So I can see how its easy for you to do the same.

I posted a bunch of enneagram links recently, you should go check those out, they did a good job separating MBTI stereotypes from enneagram.

edit: just saw your post in the thread I was describing, so nvm that last sentence.

5 seems to make the most sense because of the whole 7 when regressing and 8 when progressing thing. I can definitely see that in myself because, in the times when I am really active/alive, I become a very forceful person to achieve my goals, and I thrive on any sort of competition or rivalry.
ohtochooseaname
Crane Operator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top