ISTP Sanctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ISTP Profile from personalityjunkie.com

3 posters

Go down

ISTP Profile from personalityjunkie.com Empty ISTP Profile from personalityjunkie.com

Post by madhatter Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:02 pm

I just stumbled across this profile today. I can't believe I've never seen it before. It's two pages long, so I won't copy and paste it all. But, I was pleasantly surprised. It was really good. It didn't really fall prey to the worst of the ISTP stereotypes, and the developmental and functional breakdown was on the money.

Discuss, fellow ISTPs, and tell me what you think.
madhatter
madhatter
Bounty Hunter

Call Sign : Angry Eyes
Motto : Some people juggle geese.

Back to top Go down

ISTP Profile from personalityjunkie.com Empty Re: ISTP Profile from personalityjunkie.com

Post by Erbse Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:46 am

TL;DR at first, when I finally did I didn't have the required motivation to respond.

Objectively perhaps one of the best fitting / most accurate descriptions.

Subjectively, I've read that crap so often already, it's getting old to me. Perhaps I should make 5 to 10$ by writing it up - that way I could at least skip reading yet another pile of text I already read ad-nauseam Razz

Granted, it'd be rather unfair to de-value it by my current subjective impression.
Erbse
Erbse
Lumberjack

Call Sign : Umweltverschmutzung

Back to top Go down

ISTP Profile from personalityjunkie.com Empty Re: ISTP Profile from personalityjunkie.com

Post by madhatter Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:50 pm

I know what you mean. I rarely read ISTP profiles anymore, because you're right, it is just the same crap over and over again.

But I thought I'd post this one, because I so rarely find one that actually gets it right. I liked that the article focused on the face that ISTPs are primary thinkers, just like INTPs, another too-often-overlooked fact. There is "ISTPs don't like the abstract" aspect to it, but I thought the author handled it rather nicely. This statement can be true, but many other profiles, too many, take it to the extreme by saying we can't understand the abstract. This one mentioned that ISTPs with well-developed Ni can do these things, which I appreciated. The article mentioned that while ISTPs can have a good handle on the Ni realm, they would sometimes turn to friends and family for guidance in N matters. This was very interesting, because I've done this before. When I needed help getting my intuitive juices flowing for a paper in a short story class I took a few years ago, I called my INFJ mom to help me brainstorm. The paper had to be deal heavily with symbolism and motifs, and I needed help finding them. And once we started, I started to warm up and find the symbols and connections on my own. Sometimes, I had a hard time getting past the Se mentality of "it is what it is".
madhatter
madhatter
Bounty Hunter

Call Sign : Angry Eyes
Motto : Some people juggle geese.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jixmixfix Sun May 18, 2014 10:56 pm

Kobe bryant is ISFP.

Jixmixfix
Garbage Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down