Am I an ISTP?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Am I an ISTP?

Post by marginallyistp on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:39 pm

I am from the INTPforum and this is not my username there so it'd be futile. But there is a much similar way to figure that out.

I am very curious as to the fact whether I am really INTP or an ISTP. I have posted a lot on INTPforum but obviously there are topics where I have wondered why even discuss?

Right now the INTPforum is down so that is why I am here. Might finally get an answer.

I'll just point out things that are very non-INTP of me as below.

1) I love cars and motorbikes. I love them because they are fast,exciting, and sexy. They are these warm churning and spinning beasts that run on fire. I don't know. Currently drooling and hopefully purchasing an 88' BMW 316i E30 (3 series) (plan on swapping) and a CBR250RR(or CBR400RR).I do dream to own a GT-R of some year and a Ducati 1098R. Hell just trying them out would be cool. Basically a massive motor nut.

2) I think the discussions of philosophy and god are just mundane and frankly retarded. I mean, a couple threads are alright with little discussion but I can't see the fuss. I can't see the reason to major in it or love it. I like means to an end. I am an atheist and if you are a theist I have no real obligation to rant, discuss, or convince otherwise. Obviously if someone tries to convince me to follow a religion I'd be a bit annoyed. Although I love screwing around and arguing for the hell of it on topics people won't really want to argue. Stalin is an amazing leader. People can't take it too lightly.

3) I am not particularly good in academics. I don't think I am very intelligent either. I just finished school and worked at my dad's office because I knew no way in hell I'd be hired after I graduate from college. I don't even think college is something everyone should go through. It's a tonne of debt and everyone seems to be the same as when they got in. You can flame me on that.

4) During high school I was a massive basketball junkie. I spent an academically damaging amount of time playing basketball, most unfit varsity player ever, was benched all the time. 3-4 hours a weekday. I used to be incredibly tired for homework. I spent countless hours obsessed over it. It was ludicrous. I am a lazy fat ass now.

So yeah.

That is the list.

Dissect and relate.
When you can please mention and when you can't please mention.




marginallyistp
Garbage Man

Join date : 2012-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by Duck_of_Death on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Whatever you want, bud.


---------------------------------------------------------
avatar
Duck_of_Death
Lord of the Flies

Call Sign : Resident Oddball
Join date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by marginallyistp on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:38 am

Duck_of_Death wrote:Whatever you want, bud.

I think ESFJ. Yeah.

C'mon... gawd.. I might have to return to INTPf I guess.

marginallyistp
Garbage Man

Join date : 2012-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by Erbse on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:25 am

marginallyistp wrote:2) I think the discussions of philosophy and god are just mundane and frankly retarded. I mean, a couple threads are alright with little discussion but I can't see the fuss. I can't see the reason to major in it or love it. I like means to an end. I am an atheist and if you are a theist I have no real obligation to rant, discuss, or convince otherwise. Obviously if someone tries to convince me to follow a religion I'd be a bit annoyed. Although I love screwing around and arguing for the hell of it on topics people won't really want to argue. Stalin is an amazing leader. People can't take it too lightly.

This I do, too, as it is quite delightful.

Controversy for the sake of annoying people and pushing their buttons.

They give more away about themselves in the progress they'd like, it's hilarious.
avatar
Erbse
Lumberjack

Call Sign : Umweltverschmutzung
Join date : 2012-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by updownman on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:52 am

marginallyistp wrote:I am from the INTPforum and this is not my username there so it'd be futile. But there is a much similar way to figure that out.

I am very curious as to the fact whether I am really INTP or an ISTP. I have posted a lot on INTPforum but obviously there are topics where I have wondered why even discuss?

Right now the INTPforum is down so that is why I am here. Might finally get an answer.

I'll just point out things that are very non-INTP of me as below.

1) I love cars and motorbikes. I love them because they are fast,exciting, and sexy. They are these warm churning and spinning beasts that run on fire. I don't know. Currently drooling and hopefully purchasing an 88' BMW 316i E30 (3 series) (plan on swapping) and a CBR250RR(or CBR400RR).I do dream to own a GT-R of some year and a Ducati 1098R. Hell just trying them out would be cool. Basically a massive motor nut.

2) I think the discussions of philosophy and god are just mundane and frankly retarded. I mean, a couple threads are alright with little discussion but I can't see the fuss. I can't see the reason to major in it or love it. I like means to an end. I am an atheist and if you are a theist I have no real obligation to rant, discuss, or convince otherwise. Obviously if someone tries to convince me to follow a religion I'd be a bit annoyed. Although I love screwing around and arguing for the hell of it on topics people won't really want to argue. Stalin is an amazing leader. People can't take it too lightly.

3) I am not particularly good in academics. I don't think I am very intelligent either. I just finished school and worked at my dad's office because I knew no way in hell I'd be hired after I graduate from college. I don't even think college is something everyone should go through. It's a tonne of debt and everyone seems to be the same as when they got in. You can flame me on that.

4) During high school I was a massive basketball junkie. I spent an academically damaging amount of time playing basketball, most unfit varsity player ever, was benched all the time. 3-4 hours a weekday. I used to be incredibly tired for homework. I spent countless hours obsessed over it. It was ludicrous. I am a lazy fat ass now.

So yeah.

That is the list.

Dissect and relate.
When you can please mention and when you can't please mention.



It sounds like you have no God damn motivation son, sounds like your mom needs to kick you out of her basement IMHO. How do you find the INTP? Bunch of ankle biters I think.
avatar
updownman
Garbage Chief

Join date : 2012-10-25
Age : 53
Location : Tulsa, OK
Job/hobbies : Currently in school to become ME, writing music, inventor, hopefully eventual launch of own engineering co, have been mechanic, master carpenter, small publisher, business manager
Motto : Fuck You, seriously

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by marginallyistp on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:16 pm

updownman wrote:
marginallyistp wrote:I am from the INTPforum and this is not my username there so it'd be futile. But there is a much similar way to figure that out.

I am very curious as to the fact whether I am really INTP or an ISTP. I have posted a lot on INTPforum but obviously there are topics where I have wondered why even discuss?

Right now the INTPforum is down so that is why I am here. Might finally get an answer.

I'll just point out things that are very non-INTP of me as below.

1) I love cars and motorbikes. I love them because they are fast,exciting, and sexy. They are these warm churning and spinning beasts that run on fire. I don't know. Currently drooling and hopefully purchasing an 88' BMW 316i E30 (3 series) (plan on swapping) and a CBR250RR(or CBR400RR).I do dream to own a GT-R of some year and a Ducati 1098R. Hell just trying them out would be cool. Basically a massive motor nut.

2) I think the discussions of philosophy and god are just mundane and frankly retarded. I mean, a couple threads are alright with little discussion but I can't see the fuss. I can't see the reason to major in it or love it. I like means to an end. I am an atheist and if you are a theist I have no real obligation to rant, discuss, or convince otherwise. Obviously if someone tries to convince me to follow a religion I'd be a bit annoyed. Although I love screwing around and arguing for the hell of it on topics people won't really want to argue. Stalin is an amazing leader. People can't take it too lightly.

3) I am not particularly good in academics. I don't think I am very intelligent either. I just finished school and worked at my dad's office because I knew no way in hell I'd be hired after I graduate from college. I don't even think college is something everyone should go through. It's a tonne of debt and everyone seems to be the same as when they got in. You can flame me on that.

4) During high school I was a massive basketball junkie. I spent an academically damaging amount of time playing basketball, most unfit varsity player ever, was benched all the time. 3-4 hours a weekday. I used to be incredibly tired for homework. I spent countless hours obsessed over it. It was ludicrous. I am a lazy fat ass now.

So yeah.

That is the list.

Dissect and relate.
When you can please mention and when you can't please mention.



It sounds like you have no God damn motivation son, sounds like your mom needs to kick you out of her basement IMHO. How do you find the INTP? Bunch of ankle biters I think.

Isn't that the case with everyone? Motivation is a difficult thing to find really, a lot of things come off as a bit tedious. I don't think getting out of the basement would help. I really only hang out at INTPf I find most forums very boring really. I am pretty sure now that I am an INTP. I don't really engage in this fleeting manner.

marginallyistp
Garbage Man

Join date : 2012-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by madhatter on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:12 am

marginallyistp wrote:

I'll just point out things that are very non-INTP of me as below.

1) I love cars and motorbikes. I love them because they are fast,exciting, and sexy. They are these warm churning and spinning beasts that run on fire. I don't know. Currently drooling and hopefully purchasing an 88' BMW 316i E30 (3 series) (plan on swapping) and a CBR250RR(or CBR400RR).I do dream to own a GT-R of some year and a Ducati 1098R. Hell just trying them out would be cool. Basically a massive motor nut.

This has nothing to do with personality, so it gives me insight into ISTP v. INTP for you.

2) I think the discussions of philosophy and god are just mundane and frankly retarded. I mean, a couple threads are alright with little discussion but I can't see the fuss. I can't see the reason to major in it or love it. I like means to an end. I am an atheist and if you are a theist I have no real obligation to rant, discuss, or convince otherwise. Obviously if someone tries to convince me to follow a religion I'd be a bit annoyed. Although I love screwing around and arguing for the hell of it on topics people won't really want to argue. Stalin is an amazing leader. People can't take it too lightly.

You don't have an interest in the subject, so it doesn't surprise me that you don't like discussing. Not personality related.

3) I am not particularly good in academics. I don't think I am very intelligent either. I just finished school and worked at my dad's office because I knew no way in hell I'd be hired after I graduate from college. I don't even think college is something everyone should go through. It's a tonne of debt and everyone seems to be the same as when they got in. You can flame me on that.

This could be indicative of either type. Again, it doesn't reveal much about your cognitive processes.

4) During high school I was a massive basketball junkie. I spent an academically damaging amount of time playing basketball, most unfit varsity player ever, was benched all the time. 3-4 hours a weekday. I used to be incredibly tired for homework. I spent countless hours obsessed over it. It was ludicrous. I am a lazy fat ass now.

Liking and playing sports does not point to ISTP or away from INTP.

Have you read up on the cognitive functions? That might help you make a decision.
avatar
madhatter
Bounty Hunter

Call Sign : Angry Eyes
Join date : 2012-05-27
Age : 29
Motto : Some people juggle geese.

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by DJ Arendee on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:31 pm

try entp for a bit
avatar
DJ Arendee
Space Shuttle Captain

Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 47
Location : USA
Motto : Eat My Ass

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by marginallyistp on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:11 pm

madhatter wrote:

This has nothing to do with personality, so it gives me insight into ISTP v. INTP for you.

I thought ISTPs were closet daredevils? "ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. They thrive on action, and are usually fearless. ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step. They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing". Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly." from Portrait of an ISTP.



You don't have an interest in the subject, so it doesn't surprise me that you don't like discussing. Not personality related.

Generally, philosophy is rather intuitive and abstract, which should appeal to me if I were an INTP.


This could be indicative of either type. Again, it doesn't reveal much about your cognitive processes.

Agreed.



Liking and playing sports does not point to ISTP or away from INTP.

Have you read up on the cognitive functions? That might help you make a decision.
http://www.personalitypage.com/ISTP.htmlhttp://www.personalitypage.com/ISTP.html[/quote]

Maybe our interpretations are different. I have been casually picking up MBTI for a year now and I have understood that ISTPs are closet daredevils that love sports. I mean these are sensory activities. Wanting to live on the ragged edge of life. The ability to fix things without a guide.This is what I interpret from the link you have provided and the dozens of links I have been through.

marginallyistp
Garbage Man

Join date : 2012-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by marginallyistp on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:13 pm

DJ Arendee wrote:try entp for a bit

They are talkative and seek attention.

They bounce off of ideas quicker and higher than a tick.

No way I am that.

marginallyistp
Garbage Man

Join date : 2012-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by DJ Arendee on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:44 pm

marginallyistp wrote:
DJ Arendee wrote:try entp for a bit

They are talkative and seek attention.

They bounce off of ideas quicker and higher than a tick.

No way I am that.

Try this:

ENTP: Seek to be loved, tell jokes in order to feel this way
INTP: have absolutely no concept of what Se is, ie: don't understand why people on ski slopes like wearing color coded clothing
ISTP: completely oblivious to political or hidden implications in the moment. Probably wouldn't have any idea someone was manipulating them if you shouted it in their ear.
avatar
DJ Arendee
Space Shuttle Captain

Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 47
Location : USA
Motto : Eat My Ass

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by Duck_of_Death on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Pfft. Speak for yourself.
I can spot just about anybody's motivations a mile away.

I have fun with it. I subtly shift the balance of power and leave my opponents with nothing but their dick in their hands.


---------------------------------------------------------
avatar
Duck_of_Death
Lord of the Flies

Call Sign : Resident Oddball
Join date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by madhatter on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:50 pm

marginallyistp wrote:
I thought ISTPs were closet daredevils? "ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. They thrive on action, and are usually fearless. ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step. They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing". Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly." from Portrait of an ISTP.

No. I'm not a daredevil at all. Many ISTPs aren't. This is a misleading stereotype. What really makes the difference between INTP and ISTP is that INTPs use Ne-Si while ISTPs use Se-Ni. Neither Ne-Si nor Se-Ni have anything to do with being a daredevil. Here's a nice cliff notes version for the functions here.



Generally, philosophy is rather intuitive and abstract, which should appeal to me if I were an INTP.

Not necessarily. I like discussing philosophy and religion, and I'm not INTP.



Maybe our interpretations are different. I have been casually picking up MBTI for a year now and I have understood that ISTPs are closet daredevils that love sports. I mean these are sensory activities. Wanting to live on the ragged edge of life. The ability to fix things without a guide.This is what I interpret from the link you have provided and the dozens of links I have been through.

Yes, our interpretations are very different. Those descriptions that describe ISTPs this way are very stereotyped and one-dimensional, and often inaccurate. It's possible for an ISTP to be these things, but it's all possible for any of the other 15 types. And they certainly don't differentiate between INTP and ISTP.

I found a good article that might help you with your problem here.


________________________________________________________

avatar
madhatter
Bounty Hunter

Call Sign : Angry Eyes
Join date : 2012-05-27
Age : 29
Motto : Some people juggle geese.

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by madhatter on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Duck_of_Death wrote:Pfft. Speak for yourself.
I can spot just about anybody's motivations a mile away.

I have fun with it. I subtly shift the balance of power and leave my opponents with nothing but their dick in their hands.

Haha, the famous ISTP BS-meter. If I care enough to pay attention, I can usually read people like a book.
avatar
madhatter
Bounty Hunter

Call Sign : Angry Eyes
Join date : 2012-05-27
Age : 29
Motto : Some people juggle geese.

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by marginallyistp on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:09 pm

DJ Arendee wrote:
marginallyistp wrote:
DJ Arendee wrote:try entp for a bit

They are talkative and seek attention.

They bounce off of ideas quicker and higher than a tick.

No way I am that.

Try this:

ENTP: Seek to be loved, tell jokes in order to feel this way
INTP: have absolutely no concept of what Se is, ie: don't understand why people on ski slopes like wearing color coded clothing
ISTP: completely oblivious to political or hidden implications in the moment. Probably wouldn't have any idea someone was manipulating them if you shouted it in their ear.

ENTP: completely oblivious to how stupid their idea is. sorry.

But seriously I don't know why would someone wear color coded clothing anyways. Just get whatever is there. Is it to make sure to recover the injured easily? Like if he's wearing all red,yellow, or green? I am certain white would be idiotic. I have had my share of being gullible. I will be scarred for life and I mean it. It's been 2 years now, I still remember the day religion stole 40 bucks in front of a stationary store.


marginallyistp
Garbage Man

Join date : 2012-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by marginallyistp on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:12 pm

Duck_of_Death wrote:Pfft. Speak for yourself.
I can spot just about anybody's motivations a mile away.

I have fun with it. I subtly shift the balance of power and leave my opponents with nothing but their dick in their hands.

Sorry wasn't being clear I think. I meant I'd call myself an ESFJ. Make sure your opponent isn't an elephant. Leaving them with their dick is a fatal mistake.

marginallyistp
Garbage Man

Join date : 2012-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by marginallyistp on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:21 pm

madhatter wrote:
marginallyistp wrote:
I thought ISTPs were closet daredevils? "ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit. They are attracted to motorcycles, airplanes, sky diving, surfing, etc. They thrive on action, and are usually fearless. ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step. They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing". Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly." from Portrait of an ISTP.

No. I'm not a daredevil at all. Many ISTPs aren't. This is a misleading stereotype. What really makes the difference between INTP and ISTP is that INTPs use Ne-Si while ISTPs use Se-Ni. Neither Ne-Si nor Se-Ni have anything to do with being a daredevil. Here's a nice cliff notes version for the functions here.



Generally, philosophy is rather intuitive and abstract, which should appeal to me if I were an INTP.

Not necessarily. I like discussing philosophy and religion, and I'm not INTP.



Maybe our interpretations are different. I have been casually picking up MBTI for a year now and I have understood that ISTPs are closet daredevils that love sports. I mean these are sensory activities. Wanting to live on the ragged edge of life. The ability to fix things without a guide.This is what I interpret from the link you have provided and the dozens of links I have been through.

Yes, our interpretations are very different. Those descriptions that describe ISTPs this way are very stereotyped and one-dimensional, and often inaccurate. It's possible for an ISTP to be these things, but it's all possible for any of the other 15 types. And they certainly don't differentiate between INTP and ISTP.

I found a good article that might help you with your problem here.

I think I have the gist.

As an ISTP you experience everything literally as it is. There is nothing else than what is around you? You are utterly aware of what you have what you have and forgetting something is once in a blue moon kind of thing?

I can't keep track of my surroundings intensely well. I misplace stuff chronically. Just this morning I thought I forgot something in a Taxi, freaked out and asked someone around me if I had that item with me or not.

Could you relate to being excited thinking about how you can modify something to make it perform better? Relate to imagining how an experience would be like an being excited as a result?

marginallyistp
Garbage Man

Join date : 2012-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by Duck_of_Death on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:42 pm

marginallyistp wrote:
Duck_of_Death wrote:Pfft. Speak for yourself.
I can spot just about anybody's motivations a mile away.

I have fun with it. I subtly shift the balance of power and leave my opponents with nothing but their dick in their hands.

Sorry wasn't being clear I think. I meant I'd call myself an ESFJ. Make sure your opponent isn't an elephant. Leaving them with their dick is a fatal mistake.

Stereotypes be damned--an ISTP would never crack a joke like that.
In essence it was pure Ne.


---------------------------------------------------------
avatar
Duck_of_Death
Lord of the Flies

Call Sign : Resident Oddball
Join date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by marginallyistp on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:35 am

Duck_of_Death wrote:
marginallyistp wrote:
Duck_of_Death wrote:Pfft. Speak for yourself.
I can spot just about anybody's motivations a mile away.

I have fun with it. I subtly shift the balance of power and leave my opponents with nothing but their dick in their hands.

Sorry wasn't being clear I think. I meant I'd call myself an ESFJ. Make sure your opponent isn't an elephant. Leaving them with their dick is a fatal mistake.

Stereotypes be damned--an ISTP would never crack a joke like that.
In essence it was pure Ne.

Just to be clear, that wasn't an intended political joke. But it could work as one, I'm not aware if it'd be an agreeable one. There is a strong sense that I am pretty much INTP from this thread.

marginallyistp
Garbage Man

Join date : 2012-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by Siren on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:13 am

Yeah, I'm not getting ISTP at all.
avatar
Siren
Motorcycle Gang Leader

Call Sign : Dirty Ni
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : East Coast, USA
Job/hobbies : krav maga, triathlons
Motto : There's no I in team but there is an M and an E.

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by madhatter on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:38 am

marginallyistp wrote:]
I think I have the gist.

As an ISTP you experience everything literally as it is. There is nothing else than what is around you? You are utterly aware of what you have what you have and forgetting something is once in a blue moon kind of thing?

I can't keep track of my surroundings intensely well. I misplace stuff chronically. Just this morning I thought I forgot something in a Taxi, freaked out and asked someone around me if I had that item with me or not.

Could you relate to being excited thinking about how you can modify something to make it perform better? Relate to imagining how an experience would be like an being excited as a result?

I am pretty aware of my surroundings, and I can take things pretty literally. Not as extremely as you say, but you get the gist. Se is very focused on realism. But ISTPs are dominantly Thinkers, so our real problem is not with Intuition. Most ISTPs actually have a good handle on Ni, so ISTPs are not as uncomfortable with such things as MBTI or Keirsey say. And as Thinkers, we are masters with concepts and mental frameworks, which is considered to be abstract. While MBTI says that S is concrete and N is abstract, I actually think that introverted functions are abstract and extraverted functions are concrete. So Si would be abstract and Ne concrete.

Hmm, it depends. Are you modifying something that doesn't need to be fixed? Because I like problem solving and troubleshooting, and fixing things that I consider to be flawed or broken, but if it's fine by itself, I'm not going to waste my time with it.

But I'm leaning towards INTP for you as well.
avatar
madhatter
Bounty Hunter

Call Sign : Angry Eyes
Join date : 2012-05-27
Age : 29
Motto : Some people juggle geese.

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by DJ Arendee on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:41 am

What is your enneagram?

Have you considered INFP?
avatar
DJ Arendee
Space Shuttle Captain

Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 47
Location : USA
Motto : Eat My Ass

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by marginallyistp on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:29 pm

@Siren Makes sense now.


madhatter wrote:
marginallyistp wrote:]
I think I have the gist.

As an ISTP you experience everything literally as it is. There is nothing else than what is around you? You are utterly aware of what you have what you have and forgetting something is once in a blue moon kind of thing?

I can't keep track of my surroundings intensely well. I misplace stuff chronically. Just this morning I thought I forgot something in a Taxi, freaked out and asked someone around me if I had that item with me or not.

Could you relate to being excited thinking about how you can modify something to make it perform better? Relate to imagining how an experience would be like an being excited as a result?

I am pretty aware of my surroundings, and I can take things pretty literally. Not as extremely as you say, but you get the gist. Se is very focused on realism. But ISTPs are dominantly Thinkers, so our real problem is not with Intuition. Most ISTPs actually have a good handle on Ni, so ISTPs are not as uncomfortable with such things as MBTI or Keirsey say. And as Thinkers, we are masters with concepts and mental frameworks, which is considered to be abstract. While MBTI says that S is concrete and N is abstract, I actually think that introverted functions are abstract and extraverted functions are concrete. So Si would be abstract and Ne concrete.

Hmm, it depends. Are you modifying something that doesn't need to be fixed? Because I like problem solving and troubleshooting, and fixing things that I consider to be flawed or broken, but if it's fine by itself, I'm not going to waste my time with it.

But I'm leaning towards INTP for you as well.

I always do something small to improve the quality of my life. I bought a cheap monitor to just have two screens to work with at office even though I didn't need to. One has to see flaws to improve. I don't put retarded stickers on stuff. But if there is a slow and poorly performing vehicle or a house with little security or entertainment I like to imagine ways to improve on that. Sometimes wild ones. Sometimes fixing things till they are better than things that outperformed them. For example, a 316i can have a new smaller more powerful turbocharged motor, better suspension, wider tires, modern steering rack, strut braces and etc. that sort of stuff.

@DJ Arendee Type 5 SP
http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/similarminds.pl and I can't be INFP. I have no morals or ethics and I can't organize anything. I have met quite a few INFPs and some are my friends.

I guess I am INTP after all.

marginallyistp
Garbage Man

Join date : 2012-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by marginallyistp on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:51 pm

I am back!

Yes, I thought I had truly figured out the gap but I just read over this thing again and it seems like there hasn't been a specific parameter given here.

As a result I still have doubts.

I would like to know what distinguishes the ISTP from the INTP.

A proper distinct parameter or trait.

The essence of the ISTP.

For example, XNTPs are known for the ability to argue constantly and never get bored. Often we would argue about something that really has no application to the real world. Something that can't been tested or has no right answer. Just a bunch of bouncing back and forth.

INFJs are known to come up with some really messed up stuff and write it. No one really understands them and we just ignore them because they are really weird. INTPs have little luck too.

So what is the ISTP thing/essence/parameter/trait?




marginallyistp
Garbage Man

Join date : 2012-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by Duck_of_Death on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:15 am

ISTPs punch people in the head when they ask too many questions.


---------------------------------------------------------
avatar
Duck_of_Death
Lord of the Flies

Call Sign : Resident Oddball
Join date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Am I an ISTP?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum