ISTP Sanctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

us vs them

Go down

us vs them Empty us vs them

Post by DJ Arendee Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:42 pm

So, something I recently stumbled upon. I realized I am motivated by competition. At all times, I need someone to be better than. Someone to out-joke, someone to hate, someone to be better at gymnastics than... Looking back, I've been told I have a bad attitude. Those more articulate few have been able to say its an "us vs them" attitude that tears the team apart. Usually I hold an us vs them attitude toward my bosses (or so they say). When my boss starts picking on me for something small, I start going to other co-workers for help saying, "Boss said this about me, do you agree?" I actually start rallying the team against my boss without realizing it. Back on perC, I used to constantly argue with boss about enneagram 8 stuff. In a way I sorta miss it.

I hold this attitude toward my families. When people treat me like shit, I work extra hard to accomplish whatever it takes to prove them wrong. I'll make an enemy out of my family then be motivated to accomplish things out of spite against them.

When I realize these people are the driving force behind my motivation... I just lose interest and think, "oh... well that was wierd" almost like I realized I came out of a ghostly possession. I seek challenges as well. The us vs them attitude applies to a lot of things. Us vs someone, us vs another team, us vs an idea (communism), us vs poverty. In my moments where I feel like a superhero, I feel like I'm going to save all my friends out of poverty one day. When I have no enemy, I sorta become a superhero against an idea.

So, now I need to find a job that appeals to my us vs them mentality. The military would have been nice, but it was so god damn boring and we didn't have a clear enemy for me to really feel patriotic against for me to shine.

Anyway have you seen this in other ESTP's? Thoughts? Ideas on possible jobs that I'd fit into?
DJ Arendee
DJ Arendee
Space Shuttle Captain

Motto : Eat My Ass

Back to top Go down

us vs them Empty Re: us vs them

Post by DJ Arendee Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:59 pm

Also, I wonder if the name of this forum should be changed to something that doesn't say "I'm a victim of annoying people and their dumb shit"
DJ Arendee
DJ Arendee
Space Shuttle Captain

Motto : Eat My Ass

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum