ISTP Sanctum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Ti doms take Fe into equation..

+4
ohtochooseaname
mcgooglian
Crafter79
Trifoilum
8 posters

Go down

When Ti doms take Fe into equation.. Empty When Ti doms take Fe into equation..

Post by Trifoilum Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:15 am

So call me a confused Fe user.

If a Ti dom starts to take Fe into equation (essentially, 'what will people think!?!?!?!?!??!', and in these case, the particular Ti might have seen practical negative repercussions behind those) and acted in accordance to it, does it mean a good thing or bad thing? Sign of growth, or sign of regression?

Or it's just business as usual?
Trifoilum
Trifoilum
Garbage Chief

Job/hobbies : drawing, sleeping, musing
Motto : it's not about right and wrong.

Back to top Go down

When Ti doms take Fe into equation.. Empty Re: When Ti doms take Fe into equation..

Post by Crafter79 Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:41 pm

For me using too much Fe will drain me eventually. Maybe it's because it's poorly developed with me, I dunno. It's become more of a survival instinct.
Crafter79
Crafter79
Garbage Man

Job/hobbies : Self employed
Motto : Can I get a fuck yeah?

Back to top Go down

When Ti doms take Fe into equation.. Empty Re: When Ti doms take Fe into equation..

Post by mcgooglian Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Don't Ti doms take torches and pitchforks to Fe?
mcgooglian
mcgooglian
Motorcycle Courier

Call Sign : porkmuncher
Job/hobbies : Building knee armor
Motto : Lahney hin laas voth ahkrin

Back to top Go down

Post by ohtochooseaname Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:26 pm

mcgooglian wrote:Don't Ti doms take torches and pitchforks to Fe?

Nah, Ti doms take torches and pitchforks to Fi due to fear of the unknown and inexplicable. Fe is just that crazy uncle we ignore while trying to avoid being bounced on his knee.
ohtochooseaname
ohtochooseaname
Crane Operator

Job/hobbies : Optical Engineer
Motto : "If a butterfly had the teeth of a tiger, it would never get out of the hangar"

Back to top Go down

Post by mcgooglian Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Taking torches and pitchforks to any sort of F is fun.
mcgooglian
mcgooglian
Motorcycle Courier

Call Sign : porkmuncher
Job/hobbies : Building knee armor
Motto : Lahney hin laas voth ahkrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayness Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:30 pm

yeah, I'd say that Ti users have a lot more difficult time with Fi than with Fe. Just like me with Ti, rather than Te. TBH even to this day I still have quite a bit of difficulty internalizing/grasping how it works, however I like it when it manifests in people like Jung, Functianalyst, Liquidlight, etc.
Kayness
Kayness
Plumber Chief

Call Sign : House Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by madhatter Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:41 pm

Kayness wrote:yeah, I'd say that Ti users have a lot more difficult time with Fi than with Fe. Just like me with Ti, rather than Te. TBH even to this day I still have quite a bit of difficulty internalizing/grasping how it works, however I like it when it manifests in people like Jung, Functianalyst, Liquidlight, etc.

I don't have a difficult time at getting along with Fi, but like you, I find it extremely difficult to understand how it works. I understand Fe, but I have a hard time getting along with Fe-doms...I can only take such family members in small intervals.
madhatter
madhatter
Bounty Hunter

Call Sign : Angry Eyes
Motto : Some people juggle geese.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trifoilum Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

mcgooglian wrote:Don't Ti doms take torches and pitchforks to Fe?
Not always.

Think of it as eating a vegetable you hate. Some people avoid the vegetable in question like a plague from hell. Some people forced themselves to eat the vegetable instead. That's also the case with MBTI types and inferior functions.

But on the other hand..
The way I see it (I used shadow personality as basis), sometimes Ti doms can pull a (ugly, crude, definitely unhealthy) Fe 'bombs' when they are really stressed.
For example, my INTP sister just went full "SHAME ON YOU SHAME ON YOU TO NOT DO THIS" several weeks ago.

There are theories and explanations, but in short; when all things have been tried, we tend to go desperate and try something we usually don't-- and that usually doesn't go very well.

I was wondering if my original post above is sign of the former, or sign of the latter.

And Fi....I think for me it'd be like Si. Something I 'understand', but DOES NOT UNDERSTAND. >_>; 8th function gah.
Trifoilum
Trifoilum
Garbage Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Arendee Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Kayness wrote:yeah, I'd say that Ti users have a lot more difficult time with Fi than with Fe. Just like me with Ti, rather than Te. TBH even to this day I still have quite a bit of difficulty internalizing/grasping how it works, however I like it when it manifests in people like Jung, Functianalyst, Liquidlight, etc.

Its interesting you admit to this. Most Fi users I meet think they know how Ti works, but they're just talking about Fi. I have people constantly telling me how I feel, telling me that my conclusions are just delusions to make myself feel better (denial), a lot of things. Its incredibly frustrating debating with Fi users because everything becomes a damn personal statement. And when they're upset, they think their feelings are what YOU'RE feeling!

For example:
me: I can't stand arguing with Fi users, they think everyone's brain works just like theirs, and it creates ad-hoc rationalizations so it can still feel like its "right."
ESFP: ... well, Ti users generate a delusion to fit what they want to be true.
me: that's exactly what I just said Fi does except worded differently, I'm not like you.
ESFP: FUCK YOU STOP FLIPPING OUT!
me: I was unaware I was flipping out.
DJ Arendee
DJ Arendee
Space Shuttle Captain

Motto : Eat My Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Erbse Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:41 am

There's a difference between Fi dom and Fi aux. Don't take Fi aux as Fi representation, that's like using ESTP's for Ti rather than ISTP / INTPs.

Anyway, Ti and Fi have a lot in common as far as their nature is concerned, that's probably why they resonate quite well. Neither will ever understand the other's process, though.
Erbse
Erbse
Lumberjack

Call Sign : Umweltverschmutzung

Back to top Go down

Post by Trifoilum Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:55 am

Erbse wrote:
Anyway, Ti and Fi have a lot in common as far as their nature is concerned, that's probably why they resonate quite well. Neither will ever understand the other's process, though.

Agreed.

It's like apple juice and orange juice.
Trifoilum
Trifoilum
Garbage Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum